Question:
Since the Earth is round, what about the people that lives in the south pole why dont they walk upside down?
bonita_monique
2005-12-15 17:10:37 UTC
Since the Earth is round, what about the people that lives in the south pole why dont they walk upside down?
Four answers:
jorganos
2005-12-16 04:32:08 UTC
Up and down are defined by where you feel gravity pulling. Usually all you see will be pulled into the same direction as yourself, so everything will appear right side up.

However, unless you live on the north pole, your "up" won't be identical to "north". The angle by which your "up" direction is different from north is called latitude. My guess is that you live at roughly 45° latitude, that half sideways. Still feels like upright, doesn't it?
Lisa
2016-05-20 06:03:09 UTC
The real question is why do we fall, since things don't move unless they have something to push or pull them. What pulls us, the earth, and everything else are magnetic fields that are stronger the larger an item is and the shorter the distance like a regular magnet. We're pulled to the earth because the earth is big, and the earth is pulled by the sun since it's much bigger but it's also pulled, but less, to the moon too, and everything else relative to the distance and size, to orbit around the sun.
markcrosby.co.uk
2005-12-15 17:22:01 UTC
You mean people at the other side of the world?

They do walk upside down - they would say the same about you. Its just that they are at the other side of the world where the floor is upside down too. :-)
oversizeloadz
2005-12-15 17:23:10 UTC
Gravity & Physics